Our Approach To Managing Clients’ Wealth
Granite Value Capital takes a comprehensive approach to managing the wealth of our clients. Each client’s portfolio is tailored to their unique objectives of:
- Investment Goals
- Return Objectives
- Risk Tolerance
- Income Needs
- Liquidity Needs
- Tax Issues
- Financial Planning Issues
- Retirement Issues
- Analysis of Outside Assets
- Charitable Gifting
- Family Gifting
Once the client's total financial picture is understood we create a customized Investment Policy Statement (IPS). The IPS is a blueprint for how Granite Value Capital will manage the client's assets. This IPS is part of a continuous four step process that we implement with clients.
We Follow a Unique Process For Selecting Individual Equity Holdings
“Investment is most intelligent when it is most businesslike.”
-Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor
- We utilize a value based investment philosophy that follows the principles set forth by Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffett.
- We view stock ownership as an interest in a business—not as a price moving on a computer screen.
- We focus on managing money over a full stock market cycle (usually lasts 10 to 15 years).
- We search across a wide universe for attractive investment opportunities—regardless of size or domicile (located in the U.S. or overseas).
- We follow a flexible, opportunistic, disciplined, patient and rational approach.
- Our investment approach emphasizes preservation of capital while offering the opportunity for capital appreciation.
To learn more about Granite Value Capital's investment process, please continue to explore our website or contact Tony Abbate at (603) 643-0770.